BroadPort 550 SMPTE 16-Port Card
The BroadPort 16-port uPCI card includes a DCE/DTE switch for maximum flexibility, has a 1U 19" rack-mount interface and provides RS-422 connections via "Sony DB9" (SMPTE 207M) connectors. There is no need to add further adapters as you would with traditional products. A 16-port changeover unit allows rapid swapping of the peripherals from a duty server to standby server.
Part Number: 55120-1
BroadPort 550 uPCI Card The universal PCI card (PCI and PCI-x) was developed from the popular RocketPort 550 and provides a low-cost serial expansion solution, delivering the highest performance and reliability through industry-standard 16550 UART technology. Each of the ports exceeds the speed requirements of the SMPTE 207M standard and can be set individually to DCE or DTE.
- The only rack-mounted SMPTE multi-port serial product available
- Available with DB9 connectors from 8 or 16 ports
- DCE/DTE switch provides the flexibility to connect with virtually any SMPTE device with minimal cabling changes
- Enhanced installation; no jumpers or switch settings required
- High reliability
- Device driver support for Windows XP, 2000 & Linux (Kernel 2.4.x)
- RoHS 2 compliant
- BroadPort 550 SMPTE 16 Port Card
- Interface Cable
- Software/Documentation CD
- Number of Ports 16
- Maximum Cards/System up to 4
- Hardware interrupts Each card requires one system IRQ
- Bus Interface Specification Universal PCI
- Dimensions 6" x 4"
- Product Weight 11.3 oz.
- Current Consumption +5VDC 330 mA
- Power Consumption (maximum) 1.7 W
- ESD Surge Protection Provides minimum of 15KV protection for all serial lines.
- System On 0 to 60° C
- System Off -20 to 85° C
Operating Humidity (non-condensing)
- System On 8 to 80%
- System Off 20 to 80%
- Altitude 0 to 10,000 Feet
- Heat Output 5.7 BTU/Hr
- MTBF (Mean time between failures) 30 years
- Connector TypeDB9F, SMPTE 207M
- Supported Standards RS-422, SMPTE
Baud Rate 50 to 230.4 Kbps
- Receive Buffer 128 bytes
- Transmit Buffer 128 bytes
Device Driver Data Control
- Data Bits 5, 6, 7 or 8
- Parity Odd, Even, None, Mark or Space
- Stop Bits 1, 1.5, or 2
- Packaged Shipping Weight 1.14 lbs
- Package Dimensions 9.5" x 8" x 3.25"
- UPC Code 7-56727.55120-1
- Schedule B Number 8471.80.1000
- Microsoft® Windows NT
- Microsoft® Windows Vista tm
- Microsoft® Windows® 2000
- Microsoft® Windows® XP
IEC 61326-1/ EN61326
Emissions standard for electrical equipment for measurement, control and laboratory use
EN55022 Class B
Emissions Standard for domestic and light industrial environments
EN55011 Class B
Emissions Standard for ISM Light Industrial
FCC Part 15 Subpart B
Class B limit
IEC61326-1/EN61326 Immunity standard for electrical equipment for measurement, control and laboratory use
IEC 1000-4-2/ EN61000-4-2 ESD Requirements
IEC 1000-4-3/ EN61000-4-3 Radiated Susceptibility
IEC 1000-4-4/ EN61000-4-4 Electrical Fast Transient Burst Requirement
IEC 1000-4-5/ EN61000-4-5 Surges Requirements
IEC 1000-4-6/ EN61000-4-6 Conducted Susceptibility
IEC 1000-4-11/ EN61000-4-11 Voltage Dips and Interruptions
CSA C22.2 No. 60950/UL60950 Third Edition
Other Regulatory Approvals
Comtrol's Pre-sales Team
For sales questions or to locate a reseller near you.
+1-800-926-6876 (1-800-Go Rocket)
Comtrol's Industrial Automation Sales
For sales questions or to locate an industrial distributor near you.
+1-800-926-6876 (1-800-Go Rocket)
Call +1.763.494.4100, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
All Comtrol products come with easy-to-use documentation on a CD. For technical assistance, our U.S.-based technical support team is only a phone call away.
Comtrol offers a 30-Day satisfaction guarantee and a 5-year limited warranty on all BroadPort 550 family products! Extended Warranty Available.