The DeviceMaster Modbus model provides the following communication modes:
- Modbus/TCP to Serial or Ethernet TCP/IP
- Modbus/TCP to Modbus/RTU
- Modbus/TCP to raw serial data
- Modbus/RTU Device (Auto Locate and Auto Route)
The easy-to-use configuration and Modbus/TCP protocol makes upgrades for plant floor global visibility faster and more economical than ever before. The DeviceMaster Modbus enables managers to leverage legacy devices and boost ROI, while reducing PLC programming and maintenance costs with simplified PLC interfaces.
- DIN-rail mounting and screw terminal connections
- Wide operating temperature ranges (-37º to 74º C)
- Surge protection for serial ports
- Variable power input (5-30VDC)
- Serial to Modbus/TCP
- Two serial ports with secure screw terminal connectors multiple units
- DualConnectPlus™ technology
- Secure SSL & SSH management
String, RFID, and barcode data filtering eliminates redundant data while extracting the RFID and barcode parameters.
The DeviceMaster MOD brings plant floor device visibility by enabling communication between factory floor devices and PLC controllers. The DeviceMaster MOD Industrial Ethernet gateway offers a solution that configures in minutes via the web and enables you to support the Modbus/TCP protocol for serial device to PLC connecions. RS-232, RS-422 or RS-485 software-selectable serial connections are supported via secure screw terminal connectors.
- DeviceMaster MOD-2202
- Quick Installation Guide
- Bus Interface Specification 10/100BASE-T
- SDRAM 8 MB
- Flash 4 MB
- Enclosure UL94-V0 PLASTIC
- Installation Method DIN Rail (35mm)
- LED Indicators ETHERNET ACTIVITY, ETHERNET LINK, and STATUS
- Dimensions 4.37" x 3.9" x 0.89"
111 x 99 x 22.6 mm
- Product Weight 4.6 oz
- DC Input Voltage 5-30V
- Current Consumption +24VDC 60 mA
- Power Consumption (max) 1.5 W
- ESD Surge Protection Minimum 25KV for all serial lines. All ethernet components are rated to 1.5KV magnetic surge protection.
- System On -37 to 74° C
- System Off -40 to 85° C
- Operating Humidity (non-condensing) 5% to 95%
- Altitude 0 to 10,000 Feet
- Heat Output 5.0 BTU/Hr
- MTBF (Mean Time Between Failures) 58.57 Years
- Connector TypeScrew Terminal Blocks
- Number of Ports2
- Software Selectable Interfaces RS-232
RS-485 Half Duplex
RS-485 Full Duplex
Baud Rate 300 bps to 230.4 Kbps
- Receive Buffer 1024bytes
- Transmit Buffer 256bytes
Device Driver Data Control
- Data Bits 7 or 8
- Parity odd, even, or none
- Stop Bits 1 or 2
- Flow Control Hardware, Software, or None
- Network Protocols ARP, BOOTP, DHCP, HTTP, ICMP, Ping, RARP, RFC 1006 (ISO over TCP), RFC 2217, SNMP (MIB-II), TCP/IP, Telnet, TFTP, and UDP socket services
- Connector TypeRJ45F Auto MDI/MDI-X
- Number of Ports1
- DescriptionPure Modbus, multiple Modbus master and slave types , remote, local, and private devices
- Supported InterfacesPLCs, SCADA systems, HMIs, OPC servers and applications
- Web Page Configuration• Master-to-master connectivity via the Shared Memory sub-system
• Private Modbus serial bus support designed to restrict access to private Modbus devices
• Connectivity from serial Modbus masters to Modbus/TCP networks
• The ability to connect multiple types of Modbus masters to Modbus slave device(s)
• Convert from one form of Modbus, such as Modbus/TCP, to Modbus/RTU or Modbus/ASCII
• Provide connectivity from a serial Modbus master to a remote Modbus slave device
• Eliminate Modbus device ID conflicts and solve device ID configuration problems
• Enable Modbus security by blocking write messages in Read-Only Mode
• Device ID to Modbus/TCP slave via configurable IP address and TCP/IP port
• Modbus Network Bridging support
- DiagnosticsLocal and remote slave device and port specific diagnostic web pages that display status, message response timing, timeout and other error counts, and overall message statistics. A serial log is also included to provide message level diagnosis.
- DescriptionModbus/RTU over Ethernet master(s) to serial slave(s)
- Supported InterfacesOPC Servers and Applications that require Modbus/RTU communication over Com ports or Ethernet TCP/IP connections
- Web Page Configuration• Supports Modbus/RTU over Ethernet TCP/IP connections to the corresponding serial port via intelligent Modbus message handling and routing.
• Supports only Modbus/RTU over Ethernet TCP/IP connections to a serial port. For Modbus/TCP functionality, please see the DeviceMaster UP.
• Supports up to six Ethernet TCP/IP connections to each serial port.
• Supports up to 255 Modbus devices per port. Both valid, (1-247), and reserved, (248-255), device ids are supported
• Modbus/RTU specific message handling: ◦CRC verification of all messages received on the TCP/IP and serial interfaces
• Timing out of responses from slave Modbus/RTU devices
• Broadcast message handling on connected port only
• System monitoring to ensure gateway operation:
• Gateway busy
• Application message timeouts
• Combined with a serial port redirector, such as the Comtrol Secure Port Redirector, can support up to six COM port connections to each serial port
- Diagnostics• Modbus device specific statistics, response timing, and status. Up to 255 devices per serial port can be monitored simultaneously.
• Serial port specific statistics and status
• Serial port message logging
- Supported InterfacesPLC, SCADA system, HMI, or OPC Server
- Supported Controllers• Modbus/TCP masters and slaves
• Modbus/RTU and Modbus/ASCII serial masters and slaves
• Applications over Ethernet TCP/IP connections (raw/ASCII only)
- Supported Devices• Raw/ASCII devices, both serial and Ethernet TCP/IP, such as barcode scanners, vision systems, RFID readers, weigh scales, encoders and printers
• Modbus/RTU and Modbus/ASCII serial slaves
- Recommended Installations• Connectivity to serial and/or Ethernet TCP/IP raw/ASCII devices
• Connectivity to Modbus/RTU and/or Modbus/ASCII serial devices
• Connecting single or multiple Modbus masters and/or applications to the devices
• Automatic Modbus protocol translations (if needed)
- Web Page Configuration• Highly flexible, with an emphasis on Raw/ASCII devices
• Also supports Modbus RTU/ASCII slave devices
• Connect Raw/ASCII devices to Modbus/TCP and Modbus RTU/ASCII serial controllers
• Automatic protocol conversions and routing
• Connect Modbus/TCP and Modbus RTU/ASCII serial masters to Modbus RTU/ASCII serial slaves
• Many unique Raw/ASCII handling features
• Simultaneously connect multiple Modbus masters to individual devices
• Modbus message Alias Device ID conversions
- Sample PLC ProgramsYes
- Packaged Shipping Weight 0.91 lbs
- Package Dimensions 9.25" x 2.5" x 7.25"
235 x 63.5 x 184.2 mm
- UPC Code7-56727-99532-6
- Country of Origin USA
- ECCN 5A991
- Schedule B Number 8471.80.1000
FCC PART 15 SUBPART B
CLASS A LIMIT
AS/NZS CISPR 22
European Standard EN55022
Canadian EMC Requirements
European Standard EN55024
IEC 1000-4-2/EN61000-4-2: ESD
IEC 1000-4-3/EN61000-4-3: RF
IEC 1000-4-4/EN61000-4-4: FAST TRANSIENT
IEC 1000-4-5/EN61000-4-5: SURGE
IEC 1000-4-6/EN61000-4-6: CONDUCTED DISTURBANCE
IEC 1000-4-8/EN61000-4-8: MAGNETIC FIELD
IEC 1000-4-11/EN61000-4-11: DIPS AND VOLTAGE VARIATIONS
CSA C22.2 No. 60950/UL60950
Other Regulatory Approvals
European Standard: RoHS 2 Compliant under CE
NEMA TS2 COMPLIANT
- Ground must be tied to signal ground.
Comtrol's Pre-sales Team
For sales questions or to locate a reseller near you.
+1-800-926-6876 (1-800-Go Rocket)
Comtrol's Industrial Automation Sales
For sales questions or to locate an industrial distributor near you.
+1-800-926-6876 (1-800-Go Rocket)
Call +1.763.957.6000, or e-mail email@example.com
For technical assistance, our U.S.-based technical support team is only a phone call away.
Call +1.763.957.6000, or visit our forum at http://forum.comtrol.com/.
Comtrol offers a 30-Day satisfaction guarantee and a 5-year limited warranty on all DeviceMaster UP family products! Extended Warranty Available.