- 32 or 64 Bit 3.3 or 5 volt universal PCI or PCI-X connectivity
- Low-profile or standard height compatible
- RS-232, RS-422, RS-485 software-selectable serial ports
- High performance cards with communication speeds up to 921 Kbps
- Support for the most popular Windows operating systems (including Windows® 10) and Linux kernels
- Windows driver, which can be configured for interrupt or polling mode
- Free troubleshooting tools in the event you want to diagnose an issue: Hardware diagnostics, LCOM (Linux tool for testing serial ports), Comtrol Utility, which includes Test Terminal (WCOM2) for serial port testing and Port Monitor for monitoring ports
This RocketPort INFINITY octacable product delivers eight-ports of additional in-server serial connectivity via a fan-out RJ45 octacable. Data communication of 921Kbps is connected through RS-232/422/485 software-selectable ports. The serial adapter card is a low profile design suitable for use in both standard servers and 2U rackmount servers. Product is fully compatible with systems that have 32 or 64 bit 3.3 or 5 volt PCI and PCI-X expansion slots. The INFINITY design utilizes the Comtrol Unity ASIC technology that takes full advantage of the 66 MHz BUS speed available on PCI-X servers.
- RocketPort Infinity Octa RJ45 Device
- RJ45 Octa Cable 10"
- Loopback Plug
- Bracket (1)
- Comtrol Software & Documentation CD
- Maximum Cards/System 4
- Bus Interface Specification UNIVERSAL PCI PCI-X COMPATIBLE
- Board Dimensions 4.7" x 2.6" (low-profile)
119.4 x 66 mm
- +3.3VDC 520 mA
- Power Consumption (maximum) 1.8 W
- ESD Surge Protection Provides minimum of 15KV for a duration of 1ns @ 200A.
- System On 0 to 60° C
- System Off -20 to 85° C
- Operating Humidity (non-condensing) 5% to 95%
- Altitude 0 to 10,000 Feet
- Heat Output 6.2 BTU/Hr
- MTBF (Mean Time Between Failures) 57.1 Years
- Software Selectable RS-232, RS-422, or RS-485
Baud Rate 300 bps to 921.6 kbps
- Receive Buffer 512 bytes
- Transmit Buffer 512 bytes
Device Driver Data Control
- Data Bits 5, 6, 7, or 8
- Parity odd, even, none, mark or space
- Stop Bits 1, 1.5, or 2
- Flow Control HARDWARE or SOFTWARE
- Ring Indicator YES
- Manufacturer's Warranty 5 Years
- Packaged Shipping Weight 1.27 lbs
- Package Dimensions 9.25" x 2.5" x 7.25"
235 x 63.5 x 184.2 mm
- UPC Code 7-56727-30002-1
- Country of Origin USA
- ECCN EAR99
- Schedule B Number 8471.80.1000
Canadian EMC requirements
European Standard EN55022
FCC Part 15 Subpart B Class B limit
AS/NZS CISPR 22
European Standard EN55024
IEC 1000-4-2/EN61000-4-2: ESD
IEC 1000-4-3/EN61000-4-3: RF
IEC 1000-4-4/EN61000-4-4: Fast Transient
IEC 1000-4-5/EN61000-4-5: Surge
IEC 1000-4-6/EN61000-4-6: Conducted Disturbance
IEC 1000-4-8/EN61000-4-8: Magnetic Field
IEC 1000-4-11/EN61000-4-11: Dips and Voltage Variations
CSA C22.2 No. 60950/UL60950
Other Regulatory Approvals
- Ground must be tied to signal ground.
Comtrol's Pre-sales Team
For sales questions or to locate a reseller near you.
+1-800-926-6876 (1-800-Go Rocket)
Comtrol's Industrial Automation Sales
For sales questions or to locate an industrial distributor near you.
+1-800-926-6876 (1-800-Go Rocket)
Part Number: 30002-1
Call +1.763.957.6000, or e-mail email@example.com
For technical assistance, our U.S.-based technical support team is only a phone call away.
Comtrol offers a 30-Day satisfaction guarantee and a 5-year limited warranty on all RocketPort INFINITY family products!