Whether a television network displays remote live camera feeds during a newscast or a radio station needs to incorporate satellite signal communication into their broadcast, reliable connectivity is essential for the creation, control and distribution of content. The entire broadcast creation process from data-capture and compilation to editing and circulation requires reliable connectivity devices during multiple stages of production. With 29 years of experience supporting broadcast connectivity, we stand behind our products and commitment to the industry.
Comtrol’s RocketPort® SMPTE
(Society of Motion Picture and Television Engineers) multi-port serial card line
is the most comprehensive line available for the broadcast market, providing numerous solutions to serial device connectivity challenges.
Our DeviceMaster® serial device servers
are actively involved in facilitating communication between television station locations, as well as between multiple peripheral devices at those locations.
- Collection unit maneuvering
- Satellite signal collection
- Transfer from traveling unit to control room
- Live feed and taped video collection from mobile units
- Ingest of feeds from The Associated Press (news, video, audio, photo, text)
- Data-capture, share, storage, recover
- Full scale production — input, edit, timeline, broadcast
- VTR (video tape recorder) control
- Remote camera control
- Multi-studio control from master control station
Download Comtrol’s Broadcast Brochure
- Media asset management
- Content manipulation
- Digital signage
- Hardware control and monitoring
Check out Comtrol’s Broadcast Solutions White Papers